Grab your tools, it’s time to get building! Learn how to use tools and build your own workbench with this introductory mechanical engineering kit for kids ages three and up. Join Ty and Karlie — the young engineers featured in the other Kids First early engineering kits — to learn how to use a hammer, screwdriver, and wrench, and the basic engineering principles behind how these tools work.
This kit features large tools that are comfortable for kids to hold, while also being lightweight and safe. In addition to the workbench, build five other awesome models with the included modular building parts, including a race car, airplane, house, scissors, and a toolbox to carry your tools. Then let your imagination run wild and build your own creations!
Intro to Tools & Building is a fun and engaging way to teach simple engineering concepts to young children, allowing parents, teachers, and caregivers to lay the groundwork for strong STEM-related skills and comprehension at an early age. Model building helps develop fine motor skills, mechanical engineering skills, visual-spatial skills, and reasoning and concept development skills. The parts in this kit are compatible with the parts of other Thames & Kosmos Kids First engineering kits.
- Introductory mechanical engineering kit for ages three and up
- Build six awesome models
- Large plastic tools are perfect for small hands and safe to use
- Building pieces are compatible with components from other Kids First early engineering kits
- Full-color, eight-page manual includes clear and detailed step-by-step assembly instructions
- Unique and engaging way to introduce simple engineering concepts to young children
- Develops fine motor skills, mechanical engineering skills, visual-spatial skills, and reasoning and concept development skills
- Endless possibilities for open-ended creative play