Virtual field trips are a great way to expose kids to new places all from the comfort of home. Now more than ever, it is easier to visit destinations around the world from home.
As we have increased time at home together this is a great way to provide a fun and educational experience from home and virtually keep “travel” going.
Below are our top picks for fun virtual field trips.
- Travel through the National Gallery and have your children point out art that they like and then discuss.
- After your tour is complete take time to discuss their favorite piece of art and see if they can recreate it!
- Take a trip to the zoo! The San Diego Zoo has lots of great live feeds and videos.
- Have your kiddos do more research on their favorite animal and the habitat they live in.
- Use at home materials to create a miniature habitat.
- Head on an underwater adventure! Slip on your scuba gear, check the oxygen tank and head under water at the Monterey Bay Aquarium.
- Research and discuss favorite sea creatures as you go along.
- Then watch a video like Finding Nemo or Disney Natures - Oceans.
- Hit the open road and visit Yellowstone. As you travel through one of our countries great national parks discuss the animals you might find there.
- Discuss the things you see and talk about how big the Grand Canyon really is.
- After your tour write a postcard from your favorite destination in the park. Include details about the place and what you can see there.